Assuring the Quality of Every Shipment
At Dura-Metal, we maintain the industry’s highest quality standards by investing continually in computer-numerically controlled (CNC) machine tools and computer-aided manufacturing (CAM) technologies. We complement those capital outlays with our Engineering Department’s expertise by using the most current computer-aided design (CAD) software. That investment in technology enables us to apply our design experience to the most efficient fabrication of components, industrial tooling and wear components. It also helps us ensure that the grades of metals, carbides and ceramics we help each customer select are optimal for the particular application, no matter how harsh or challenging.
Our comprehensive quality assurance program consists of:
- Dimensional Inspection of Incoming Materials
- In-Process Inspections by Every Machine Operator
- Dimensional Documentation of Work in Process at every stage of manufacturing
- Final Verification Before Shipment in Our Quality Assurance Lab
The modern metrology systems & equipment we use includes:
- CNC Vision System
- Digital Hardness & Height Gauges
- Dye Penetrant Inspection
- Faro Arm CMM
- Laser Scan Measuring
- Manual Coordinate Measuring Machine
- Optical Comparators & Gauging to 100x
- Optical Devices for Visual Inspection
- Sunnen Bore & Hole Gauge System
- Super Bench Micrometers
- Toolmakers’ Measuring Microscopes with Video & Readouts
- Video Cameras for Magnification
- Zeiss CNC CMM
- Zeiss Contour Reader
To serve customers that supply munitions and related products to defense contractors and their suppliers, we are compliant with ITAR certification (International Traffic in Arms Regulations).
When you depend on Dura-Metal for precision-fabricated components, industrial tooling and wear and corrosion resistant parts, you can be sure that the quality of those products will meet or exceed your expectations.
VENDOR PARTNERSHIP FOCUS
Outstanding Quality Assurance
While many of our competitors limit quality assurance (QA) to their inspection departments, we take a better approach. At Dura-Metal, we believe that QA starts before we receive the order and continues after we ship the product. Specifically, we perform visual and dimensional inspections on all incoming materials and check workpieces at every stage of production. We then follow up with customers regularly to make certain that our parts and tooling meet or exceed specifications.